Sunday, September 27, 2009

HaHaHa Yea Right...

I haven’t blogged in a while so I figured that I should get on it. and class on Friday got me thinking. There are a lot of things so far that I knew were in the bible. But I didn’t really know the details of them. Being a “bible thumper” and all, I didn’t realize some of the stories that are in it. and some of the understandings that come with the stories. I mean yes they are stories but there is a deeper meaning of them. One that is to not be taken lightly. I like to call these meaning onion meanings. There is always a layer upon layer of meanings.

Like for example the story of Cain and Abel. We all know what happens, but do we know why? Or how come, or the feelings that were involved with it? no not really. I love the part well I don’t love it, but it has made me think. The Lord asks Cain where his brother is. And Cain being a hormonal boy says well why do I care where he is, I’m not his baby sitter. Ha! Its great to see someone almost defending themselves to God. Cause God does a great job on calling people out on their shit. And here Cain is giving God a taste of his own medicine. By talking back to him. God the creator of the universe and everything that is good (and bad) we know, and he is being talked back to by a 17 year old boy. Well I don’t know if he was 17 but doesn’t that sound like a 17 year old boy characteristic? Talking back to the higher authority. When ever a little kid talked back to me I would be like boy don’t ever let me hear that from you again. And this is my favorite… if they stuck their tongue out at me I would say, if I see that again, its mine. Hahaha. Here I am, a higher authority and I’m talking down to this little kid. So just like me saying to this little kid, God says to Cain, well you know what? I can play this game too. You know the saying don’t hate the player, hate the game? Well this little game that I think God and Cain have going on is a nasty little game. God is like fine, be that way. well then seeing you killed your brother for whatever reason I am going to make your life literally a living hell. I’m going to make you wander the world forever, and no one can touch you. And its almost like Cain has this attitude of yea right.. you wanna bet? Its like no one can get the glory of killing you. Cause I said so. Haha love it, cause I said so. Also God puts a mark on him, like having a scarlet letter, but in these days a scarlet letter didn’t mean anything. Before the Lord punishes Cain with this whole wandering thing, Cain plays the oh pitiful me card. But does he really feel bad? yea I didn’t think so either. I mean if he really loved his brother he wouldn’t of killed him. but that didn’t happen. he was kind of a snob. But that’s ok. Boys at this age are.

I just think this story is kind of funny to poke fun at. And to think about on literal sense. I hear the story all the time. the Cain kills Abel story. But I haven’t really thought about it before this class. Got to love critical thinking though. It will get you thinking…

No comments:

Post a Comment