Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Bible Thumping and Answers

As I continue my journey of the bible I feel that this blog should be about me. I’m still very overwhelmed about this class and what we have to do for it. but it is soon going to leave and I know that. But for this one, its just me. Some of this stuff is kind of hard for me to take in, because I am what they consider a “bible thumper.” This past summer I worked as a councilor at a bible camp. So all day, every day what I did was “bible thumped.” I taught kids what little or none they knew about the bible and made it known to them. I showed them what the bible is all about. And it was the best summer of my life.
But currently I am feeling a little bit lost I guess you could say in my faith, and I find myself asking a lot of questions. I’m not doubting it in anyway, cause I know I’m here for God from God. But reading the bible the way I have been. I have to take a minute and look back at what I just wrote and I say to myself wow I can’t believe that I just said that about the bible. The book that I’ve based my life off of for 19 years. And I’m looking at it from a different perspective now. I’ve come to realize that God picks the people who ask why me? And he picks the low life’s. Why is that? To maybe give them a chance, and for them to prove that they are really capable of what He is asking that they do. I mean I would consider myself one of them. But is this class then a sign from God saying its ok for me question Him and question these writings? Or is it because I just had to take this class for my major and I’m going down a different road with it. but there has been a lot of things said in this class that I have written down and questioned. But that’s ok I think. Asking questions can get one far in life. I mean all the people in the bible whom God choose to do this big task asked themselves why me? Why me seems to go far, but then not far enough. Because when one searches the answer of that question they get short handed to them answers. But then they have to find and dig deeper for the answers that they want the most. Isn’t that the way it seems in life. The answers we want the most, we have to work so hard to get. What happens when they are reached? Do we try to come up with new questions, or be fine with the answers that we got? I guess it just depends on the person. It seemed like the people in the bible weren’t satisfied with the answers they were given. Basically God says just because. I choose you just because. Well what does just because do? Ah yea that’s right nothing. Its not really an answer. Just a statement. But then I come back to reality and realize that some of these things that are said are just that. Statements.
That’s what makes this class so overwhelming. All the work, and mostly the questions that I have for myself when I leave the class. But that’s ok I think. I’ll be ok and I will get through this class just fine. And I will continue to ask questions, cause then I will get answers. And answers I think are a very good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment