Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Psalm 23

I am currently working on a paper for my English 210 class aka American literature one. and I choose to pick a poem by Henry David Thoreau. And this poem is about sheep and a shepheard. Its actually a pretty good. I like it.

“there was a shepherd that did live.and held his thoughts as high
As were the mounts wereon his flocks
Did hourly feed him by.”

This poem really reminds me of Psalm 23. How the Lord is our shepherd. And we shouldn’t want. Because the Lord will always be with us. Well I don’t know if Thoreau was religious in any way, but this poem really signifies it. how the shepherd needs to be with his sheep to watch them. But its more then just watching the sheep. While he is watching the sheep he is able to think about life, and think about what it means to him. its funny how just a little four line poem can contain so much information about life and a person. I wonder what my four line poem would say?
He will show me mercy and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. The last few lines of the psalm are pretty comforting to me.
And as always you tube has something to show for this. Ahh yes the little boys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1sigXS5WzI&feature=PlayList&p=847EEBC2E7993D36&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=11

1 comment:

  1. Hi lisette,

    Here's a good video I found on YouTube about religion, you might like to view it and see what you think.

    ”God in my life”

    I think it makes a lot of good common sense don't you?

    From
    Chris Hill
    (Lancaster)

    American youth: Young gifted and passionate about religion. ”Fiery lady”

    ReplyDelete