Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Why God Why

Sadly enough more often than not I find myself asking God “Why me?” what on earth have I done to have these horrible things happen to me. (even when they aren’t that horrible) why do boys suck? Why is it when I study really hard for a test I don’t do so hot on it? Why does my best friend think that life is coming down on her sometimes? Why did she have to die? She was so young. Why did my dog die? Why is there war? Why do people fall out of love? Why can’t I find a good job, when I am a very hard worker? Why did this economy fall to the ground?

If you haven’t guessed it yet the question is Why. Why is it such a hard question to answer? I’m sure that I’m not the only one who asks this question. But lately I’ve really been thinking hard about it. I mean in my life, when I ask the question why I look up to the heavens and hope to find some sign that someone is listening to me and is ready to answer my question containing why. And then the book of Job comes into the picture. Because I know that Job is always asking God why. Why this and why that. Sometimes I think we ask the question why because it is out of our control. There are a lot of things in this world that I can’t control and I always ask why about them. I think Job asks God why all the time because he can’t control all the things that God does. We all know that God works in mysterious ways. And Jobs seems to be a little too impatient about these things. Like he wants to know the answer right away and he wants a logical answer to his questions. When ever I would get just beside myself I would always call my mom and sob asking her why? Why? And she would reply in a motherly tone and say “Lisette you will be ok. You got to have faith in yourself and faith in God.” At the time I’m always like come on mom this is not what I wanted to hear. But I know that my mom always knows best. And I would ponder that. Ok God I’ll be patient with you and have faith in you and I’ll just wait until I see this sign that I’ve been waiting for.

Another situation I find myself asking why, is when my best friend, she lost someone very important to her in her life. And when she found that out she thought the world would come crashing down on her. That she has no reason to be here if she wasn’t here with her too. I remember holding her as she is crying and she keeps asking why? Why? Why?... then I heard her say why did you take her from me? I think ahh I didn’t take her from you. She died it happens. Then the light bulb came on. Ahh she means God. God why did you take her? It wasn’t her time to go yet. And for a little bit after this death she was so mad at God. And I think the reason why she picked God out of everybody is because you can blame him all you want. And yet he will still care about you. He isn’t the one to turn the other cheek. She is still grieving over this death, and it will be a hard one. but she knows that God is not at any fault here. She just died because she just did. I mean its life, and it happens.

“I know that you can do all things;
no plan of yours can be thwarted.
‘Who is this that obscures my counsel
without knowledge?’
Surely I spoke of things I did not
Understand, things too wonderful
For me to know.
Liseten now, and I will
Speak I will question you and
you shall answer me. My ears
had heard of you.”

Job asks why? And he got the answer. We ask why and we get a sign. Why is a powerful question and word. It is one word question and it can have lots of answers. My friend knows that God did not take her from her. She is being a little like Job. But I think we all find a little bit of Job in us, being inpatient, wanting to blame God, and then when we get our answer, the ending is a beautiful thing.

This is the proof that God really does listen to us. And now he may not just come out and say the answer but there are many signs that He gives as his answers. But maybe sometimes its good to not have all the answers.

It begins with why? But ending is something so much greater.

No comments:

Post a Comment