Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Daniel verses Jesus

Yes the music is blasting in my ears, so loud that I can’t really hear the taps of the keys on my key board, and my coffee is right next to me where it should be. and I just got done reading the book of Susanna. And I liked it so far. I mean I don’t know what about it stood out to me? Maybe the writer. The is definitely not the Priestly writer writing. Because its writing that I understand. Haha. This passage really stood out to me in the whole two and half pages that book covers.
“The Lord heard her cry. Just as she was being led off to execution, God stirred up the holy spirit of a young lad named Daniel, and he shouted with a loud voice, “I want no part in shedding this woman’s blood.” –Susanna 1: 44-46
Ok so read this passage. What one word stands out to you? No not that word, pick again. Yes yes your right. The word Lad. What does lad really mean? Well according to Webster it is a young man or boy. Well yes I knew that. But why didn’t the writer of this book just say a young boy instead of a young lad. But going with this story I think that lad fits. Its not to serious but then it gives the correct description of this boy.
Then it says that the holy spirit is stirred up in this boy. The holy spirit meaning Jesus right? Well doesn’t Jesus always do the right things? Hints the saying What Would Jesus Do? Well anyway if the holy spirit is in Daniel and then suddenly Daniel yells that he will not no part in killing this girl. Hmmm doesn’t that sound familiar to one special occurrence in the bible, that involves killing someone. Yea doesn’t Pilate say this in the cruiseafiction of Jesus. Hmmm or is this story foreshadowing of Jesus’ death.
*more on this later. This is really a “thinking story”

No comments:

Post a Comment