Monday, October 12, 2009

Not Done Yet...

Just when I thought I was done hearing about Genesis God was like yea right Lisette. You wish. Last Sunday when I was in church we have an opening prayer. This is the prayer;

“Sovereign God, you have created us to live in loving community with one another. Form us for life that is faithful and steadfast, and teach us to trust like little children, that we may reflect the image of your Son, Jesus Christ, our Savior and Lord. Amen.”

I thought we were done talking about Genesis and creation. Well we might have been. But God wasn’t done talking to me about it. Guess where this passage is baised off of? If you guessed Genesis you get the prize. (the prize is you get to talk about Genesis some more) The frist reading then was a reading from yes Genesis. Genesis 2:18-24. I just read that passage and tried to relate the passage in the bible to this prayer. The passage is about God creating woman. But I guess the prayer kind of reflects this. Saying that God created us to live in loving community with one another. Well that doesn’t always happen lets just put it that way. living with someone and trying to get along with them is a task. I mean I love my family and I always will. But sometimes we have little fights that make us really mad at each other. I know that God created me. (haha to a point yes…) but why did he create women? To do the house work? To take care of the babies. No, to live in a loving community with man. And that’s kind of true. Women are natural peace makers, looks over the kids, and tried to make life fine and dandy. So I guess God had to create women because someone has to keep the boys in line. Haha I don’t know I just found it kind of ironic that we are done talking about creation and Genesis in class, but not quite. I am a firm believer in signs and I think this was a sign from God saying that I need to take one more look at this story and try to understand it a little bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment