Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Moments


Well the last Tuesday of the semester. And I gave my presentation. I’m sorry if I talked a little to fast or anything. for some odd reason I was a little bit nervous. Maybe because I was presenting this topic that I had been thinking about for three weeks now. And it was finally coming alive. And I know that the camp video was irreverent to the topic, but I’m a visual person and I thought that you might have wanted to see what my camp was like. Since I talk about it all the time. so you got to see where it was.

But over all what I thought I really learned from this class is to not be so judgmental. I was so scared when the class first started. And I thought since I had been a bible thumper that this class would be a breeze for me. Well it hasn’t been hard, just emotional. There were some days where I wanted to get up and walk out of class because I was upset with something that had been said, or was implied. But I know that if I was to get up and walk out, that it would have been a bigger deal then what was said. So I stuck it through.

I feel like I have gotten to know everybody through reading their blogs. I love reading blogs. And to be honest I am sad that no more blogging on this class will be going on. I have a friend crush on Jamie. So reading Jamie’s blog was so much fun. Then there is Nick Axline blog. I found myself wanting to read more and more of his blog. Over thanksgiving break I was talking to my cousin and I was telling her about Nick, and I made her read his blog. She looks at me and says “Ah Lisette, what is the big deal about his writing?” hahah well maybe it’s the English major in me that can’t get enough of Nicks writing. I always loved looking at the fun pictures that Natalie would include in her blog. I mean this is just a few of the people whom I’ve felt like I’ve connected with through blogging. But believe me the whole classes blogs were so fantastic. Each one of them.

But being in this class I feel some sort of security with everyone in this class. When my boyfriend passed away (about a month ago this week) I have never felt so alone. But for some reason I felt like I could share my story with the blogging world because I knew they wouldn’t judge me with the way I was feeling. And let me give a huge thank you to my Acts group. They were so helpful during this hard time. so thank you Karen, Ben, Kellen, Jenna, and Erin.

Recently in this class a girl who I had always admired, I loved her style, and her blogs. She approached me and gave me a gift. This girl whom I really hadn’t talked to, and just admired from afar. But she felt connected to me in a way that words cannot explain. Her story was similar to mine. And she knew what I was going through. So she gave me a gift that had helped her get through her hard time. she passed the gift on to me. She told me that it really had helped her, and she wanted to see it help me. I was so touched by this selfless act of generosity. How can someone who I have never talked to, can come up and do this gracious act for me. It was so heartfelt, and I can’t even explain in words what I felt the moment she pulled me aside. That moment was truly (in my eyes) a gift from God. I hope that this will not be the last time that this girl and I have this connection. I hope that out paths will cross soon in the future. And that we will be able to maybe have a friend ship. I wish her the best with her biochemistry major and English minor! =)

So in closing I have one more blog to write later in the week. As I am thinking about this it kind of pulls at my heart. I have grown so accustom to sitting down at night and reading blogs. But the saying is all good things must come to an end right. But I was thinking maybe I will lucky enough to take another class by our fearless shepherd!

No comments:

Post a Comment