Thursday, December 3, 2009

Gifts


I have been going over topics in my mind. Topics that I want to write about and share. Topics that I should just keep to myself. And the conclusion that I got from all the thinking I’ve been doing is that well the semester is coming close to and end well I need to blog just a little bit more.

I was watching a movie of pictures that was put together of the bible thumper camp. And it got to the section of weekends. And during the weekends we would go up to Glacier National Park and hike and have lunches, and just do the whole lazy college kid summer thing. every weekend there were always someone going up to Glacier.
And I remember going up there one weekend. And we had gotten to the top of what it seemed like forever, we reached the top of the mountain. And looking down on the view oh my gosh I couldn’t even believe what I was looking at. I was staring down at landscape that was breath taking. And to think that I was standing atop of this hike and looking down at creation, it brought tears to my eyes. I couldn’t believe what I was looking at. At that moment I looked at my friends and I was like “ahh I think Lisette needs to pray right about now.” And we prayed and thanked God for this wonderful creation that we are blessed with.

Looking down at the landscape got me thinking about other fantastic things. How when the snow falls it is so peaceful. And when you stick your tongue out to try to catch a snow flake you never seem to catch them. Even though they are everywhere. I will personally go out of my way to step on a crunchy leaf. I love the way it crunches under my shoes. On the same drive home that I’ve driven so many times, I always am amazed at how the clouds seem to move at just the right time. and how you can find a shape in the cloud, look away, and the shape has changed.

God is responsible for so many amazing things in life. He is in the air that I breathe, in the wind that whips my hair around. A small reminder that he is there watching for me. I think that he was even influencing me to take this class.
Bible as lit. yea I can take that class. I mean come on, the bible is what I do. I had just spent all summer teaching it, and living it. so why not. Then I get in the class and all I want to do is get out. I felt like I was being tested and pushed in to somewhere that I didn’t like. But after taking this class and seeing the effect it really had on me. Is amazing. The affect is very positive.

I’ve learned that it is ok to question God. And just say why God why? Why me? But I
think that is what faith is based off of. Why and questing. I now know that it is ok to question God. I may not get a answer. But that’s ok too. I would almost prefer that I didn’t. because it keeps me looking, and it keeps my faith alive.
So this next summer I will take what I’ve learned in bible class, and I will run with it. I will continue to praise God for all the good gifts that he has given me. Because yes in fact they are gifts. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment