Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Pillar of Stone


I’ve been a little behind on this blogging thing. I guess I should get back on the wagon. But my life has been kind of crazy dealing with things and all. But I have the best topic to blog on, I’m very excited to share this story.

So I am from Helena. And I am studying to be an English teacher. My dream is to go back to the high school that I went to school at. And be an English teacher there. I still bleed the school colors, and my heart is still and will always be at that school. There is where I really realized that I wanted to be an English teacher. And I want to be a part of Capital High School again.
Well I love watching the boys play football. I had the head coach as a math teacher, so I know him well. and when I was a senior there, they football team made it all the way to state championships. In the end they ended up winning the championships. Since then, the Capital has won 33 games straight. So this year my brother is a senior there, so I know most of the football team because they are friends with my brother. It is so much fun going to the games with my mom, and bundling up in our warmest clothes to sit outside and watch them play. So far this season they have done so good. They have won every game by so far. There were always at least 30 points in between them and the opposing team. So they have really gave the other teams a run for their money.

Well this past weekend was the Big game. The one that all of the boys wanted to play. The one that will determine the state champs. We were playing C.M.R high school in Greatfalls. We had beat them so bad in the regular games that they had come back with revenge. Well my mom likes to think that she knows what is going on. But really she doesn’t, but that’s ok. She likes to mostly go and socialize. Well this boy from our team was running the ball. And he was going to get a touch down. But then what does he do? He looks back!! And he tripped and fell down. We all know that you can’t look back because you will turn into a pillar of stone. And my mom said “Oh boy, that boy should not of looked back.” And I’m like oh snap! We so learned about looking back in Bible as Lit class. And so I told her. I was like “mom do you know about Lots Daughters?” and she looks at me and was like of course… I think I do. Well the guys who sat in front of us heard us talking. And this one guy turns around and was like yea, I know about that story. And I was like ok, tell it to me. To see if he really knew the story. Well it turns out that he knew the whole story. From beginning to end. And he was like “you know you made a good point by not looking back. Because look at what happened. He fell down, and lost the ball.” I was very excited to hear about this, that this man whom I did not know, knew about Lots Daughters. What a small world I thought.

Unfortunately we did not win the state championships. The football team did not play a very good game. And it was a little bit sad. But we will get em’ next year. But it was very cool to see that what I’m learning in this class, other people know too. Its not just something that I’ll forget once the class is over kind of things.

*in the picture- my momma and I at the championship football game

No comments:

Post a Comment